(this is an old pic - my beard
is totally gray now)
I am 53, single, and originally from Elmhurst, Queens, NY and have been living in South Florida
(between Miami and Fort Lauderdale) since 1975.
1. Microsoft used a Monarch butterfly image they found
on my website, on their television commercial for the Internet Explorer.
2. Won an honorable mention for a Green and Red Macaw in the animals category in Popular
Photography's Annual Contest, and can be seen in the January 1995 issue.
3. Had 43 of my pictures on display in Hollywood, Florida City Hall from November 1996 to
4. Two images from my Grand Circle trip (Arizona + Utah) were published in Arriving
Magazine (a magazine specializing in RV travel).
5. A Miami skyline image was published in a research paper from Columbia University called
21stC. The image was used for an article on re-emerging diseases such as Malaria. They
superimposed a giant mosquito flying over the city. This same image was
used on an invitation to an event by Fleet Bank.
6. I received a perfect score of 15 for an image of Capitol Reef National Park
from an international camera club competition of the Photographic Society of America
8. I belong to 2 local camera clubs, and routinely judge competitions, and give slide
shows and workshops at other clubs. Contact me if you're interested in booking me for a
slide show or workshop.
MEDICAL LAB SUPERVISOR
In addition to being a freelance nature photographer, I am also a licensed
Medical Laboratory Supervisor in Chemistry, Hematology, and Immunohematology for the past 30 years. I got my lab training in the U.S. Air
I'm also a self-taught computer programmer. I own MED TECH SOFTWARE
and have 7 blood banks in Florida using an expert system I developed called TRANSPORT,
transfusion and immunohematology consultation reports. I was an exhibitor at the 1993
American Association of Blood Banks (AABB) annual meeting in Miami Beach.
I also developed this website myself.
Currently enrolled at New Horizons
Computer Learning Center for:
Certified Internet Webmaster
Microsoft Certified System Engineer
Microsoft Certified Developer
If you are interested in hiring me for
an IT position, please email
me for a copy of my resume, or email
me for info on developing a web site for you.
Gil, Tab, and Buttons
My only dependants are 5 cats. The orange tabby (Tab) in the above
picture died 3/97.
I adopted 2 new ones when he died.
In addition to photography and computers, my interests include
traveling, hiking, camping, water-skiing, jet skiing, horseback riding, classic and soft
rock, some jazz, concerts, movies, swimming.
Water skiing in Cancun, Mexico
Horseback riding in Davie, Florida
At Hedonism II
in Negril, Jamaica
Comments are welcome!
Gil T Friedman
Gil T Photography
7813 Ramona St
Miramar, FL 33023